What to do if my flight is late?
Your plane will not take off on schedule and you will not arrive safely on time. In case of delay, the airline must fulfill certain obligations.
Duty of assistance at departure
In case of long delay of your flight, the carrier must provide you with assistance for the duration of your waiting period. Assistance is mandatory for the carrier for delays of:
– Two hours for flights of 1,500 km or less.
– Three hours for intra-community flights of 1,500 to 3,500 km.
– Four hours for flights over 3,500 km.
In the case of a delay of more than five hours, you can request a refund if and only if you give up your ticket.
Inclusive compensation in arrival:
If your plane is more than three hours late on arrival, you can claim the same compensation as that provided for denied boarding:
– 250 euros for flights with a distance of 1500 km or less.
– 400 euros for intra-Community flights of more than 1 500 km and for all other flights from 1 500 to 3 500 km.
– 600 euros for flights over 3,000 km.
Important: The legislation relating to late flights does not fall under European Regulation 261/2004, but from a case law of the Court of Justice of 23 October 2010.